Monday, February 16, 2009

"The Art Of b-boy"

The expression b-boy is used to describe a male breakdancer. The word b-boy which was orignally known as "Bronx Boy" began in New York during the era and evolution of hip hop culture. A B-boy is a breakdancer who dances, to the beat in a song, in a style using different gymnastic moves and body movements in a way in which the human body may seem impossible to perform. Most b-boys are noticed by their creative moves and moves that look impossible like crazy legs or my cousin b-boy form. My cousin form showed me thats its not just a dance but its a form of art. Breakdancing is a way to express yourself and your personality through using your own creative moves such as freezes, handstands, top rock and floorwork. To see exclusive clips or videos go to you tube and look up b-boy form.

2 comments:

  1. You forgot to include something.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=B-Boy
    Write something. You have five more hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that break dancing is a good way to express ur self and I agree with what your saying. To be able to dance and throw your body around like that shows how creative and determined one can be. I have seen you break myself and from experience I can say that breaking and the moves u create show who you are and your personality.

    ReplyDelete