Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Sontomayor For Supreme Court!!!!!!!!!

Elected by President Barack Obama to be a judge at the supreme court was announced today. This is a very significant event especially in the city of New York. It is important for us people of New York, our children and where she came from which was New York City housing homes, where a lot of violence occurs. She is now a role model in many children's futures and inspiration. I remember having a class discussion on how it is more harder to succeed and achieve your goals living in projects, then living in comfortable and rich neighborhoods, which she talks about. She changed my view on that conversation and now I believe that your surroundings and enviornment play a very big part on your future. She is now the talk of the town and people will look up to her as a person and role model. This even opened up my eyes and makes me want to go out and become what I want. She is incredibly intelligent especially with all of her accomplishments in the past and I do believe she deserves it with all of her hard work she has put into becoming a famous judge.

2 comments:

  1. I had written in one of my other blogs about how the backround of someone can't determine all they're capable of. THIS PROVES MY POINT. After all she has gone through, she has accomplished equally as much. She took all of her experienced and used them as a tool allowing herself to blossom into such a successful woman.She is definitly a strong role model, for anyone growing up dealing with hardships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great that you feel passionately about this, but you have offered no information about her at all.

    Grade: 2/4

    ReplyDelete