Monday, March 30, 2009
Are sneakers an addiction?
In my life so far I can say sneakers is a very big addiction for me. If you like sneakers and become a very big sneaker collector eventually you will start to become addicted to buying a variety of sneakers like Nike dunks, Puma, Adidas and the best of all Air Jordans which are the most common sneaker bought in todays society. I became addicted to buying sneakers as well as Jordans around 13 when I started to feel the new school style. I have to buy a pair of Jordans at least 3 or 4 times every 2 months which in my eyes is an addiction. It isn't an addiction like cigarettes where it's needed daily and hourly, but they are desired almost everyday and even talked about with your friends like I do. Collecting Jordans can be and is very competitive even between me and my friends. Its between the sneaker number or the sneaker price value on which Jordan is more official. My favorite pair of Jordabs are 3, 4's and even 7's. Collecting sneakers is something I will be doing till the day I die which is sad to say.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I believe that collecting and shopping for something can be an addiction. Not me personally, but I know and have seen people that have lost their husbands, wives, houses and cars because they could not stop their shopping addiction. I hope your addiction is not that bad. But I do agree that basically anything now a days can become an addiction. Even the smallest thing like wanted a pair of Jordan's might just be either desire or indeed an addiction.
ReplyDeleteI also agree with Marigona, that collecting and shopping for something can be an addiction.I know my cousin is always getting new sneakers.Especially Jordan's.Every time I see him he has a different sneaker on.I think its funny sometimes that a boy has more shoes than girls.Every time he knows that Jordan's are coming out he always tells me.But I dont think having a addiction is a good thing, and Im not talking about sneakers.Having an addictin can change your life depending what your addiction is.It can also lose people that you care about or make think twice about it.But I dont think collecting sneakers is an addiction.Its a common thing that everyone does everytime they go shopping.
ReplyDeleteThis is a topic that has been addressed by a number of your classmates - materialism. Spend more time analyzing after you describe. Your initial thoughts are excellent, but they stop prematurely.
ReplyDeleteGrade: 2/4